Sunday, January 27, 2013

Countdown - 24 Hours to Go!

As I write, it is 6:45 am on Sunday, January 27. In 24 hours, we will be in a taxi on the way to the airport. I am hunkered down near the fire in my warmest PJs. According to the Weatherbug app on my iPad, the temperature outside is 13 degrees! The wind is strong and the house is chilly. In about 36 hours, we will be in the tropics and the temperature will be in the 80's. I can't wait!

Today is packing day. I have gathered what I want to bring, but have not yet packed my suitcases. I can already tell that I have selected many more items than I can bring. I will be in "triage" mode today while packing, and there will be gnashing of teeth and little growls of frustration. How does one bring nine weeks of clothing and supplies, for a variety of climates and situations, in one suitcase weighing not more than 50 pounds?! We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment